Are you looking to open a Home Health Care Agency, Adult Day Center, Behavioral Health Agency, or Private Practice? Well, look no further – you’re exactly where you need to be!
Our startup program is designed to assist and provide you with everything you need to know to open a Health Care Business. We are focused on the critical issues of organizational performance, strategy development, licensure and accreditation, interim management, executive coaching, and the many other challenges Health Care Businesses face every day.
Our Health Care Business Startup Program includes preparing Health Care Businesses to provide services that can be purchased privately by an individual expending his/her own funds; being able to accept private health insurance patients as well as Medicare and Medicaid patients.
Our Start-up Process
- We complete all of the applications and paperwork requirements. Our Health Care Business startup program begins with helping you choose the business entity that will best fit your needs (Sole proprietor, Partnership, Limited Liability Company, S Corporation, C Corporation). We then complete and file the required documentation, obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS. We will also obtain a NPI number for you. We will then register your business with the Secretary of State in your state. We complete the paperwork requirements for your state license. The recent and ongoing changes to licensing standards and regulatory requirements can make the startup process challenging. At Carla Smith Consulting, we simplify the process and make it easy for you to understand. You provide us the application information, and we do the rest. Each state will have different certification requirements and processes. This includes an in-depth description of planned operational policies, as well as the resumes and documentation of prospective employees’ professional licensing and criminal background screening. When you receive your license application in a binder it will be easy to submit to your state for approval.
- We complete the more extensive licensing procedures needed to accept Medicare and/or Medicaid. This includes the CMS required 855a Medicare Application and civil rights package.
- We offer a very complete operational package. Our Policies and Procedures, Nursing Procedures, Patient Admission Packets, Personnel Files, Forms, Logs, In-Service Education Plans, Patient Teaching Guides, Committee Minutes, etc. are customized to meet your Health Care Business needs. Our Health Care Business policy and procedure manuals are written specific to meet your States requirements, Medicare, Medicaid and Accrediting Body requirements (Watermarked with your Agency’s name and logo).
- We provide our agencies with startup services that are developed and customized specifically for your Health Care Business to be compliant with all state regulations and the regulations for Medicare and Medicaid requirements that are set forth by the Accrediting Body.
- We work with all four Accrediting agencies. (CHAP- The Community Heath Accreditation Program, ACHC- The Accreditation Commission for Health Care, JCAHO- The Joint Commission, & CARF, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities)
- We can also complete the process for your Non-Profit 501 (c)(3) organization.
What we offer
- Completion of your State License Application package
- State Licensure Inspection Assistance
- Consulting Services to enable you to pass your State License inspection
- Completion of any Plan of Correction required by the state resulting from their inspection
- Completion of your Policies and Procedures in compliance with State, Medicare and CHAP standards
- Administrative Policy
- Infection Control
- Patient Care Policies
- Safety Management
- Personnel Policies
- Emergency Disaster
- Financial Management Policies
- Job Descriptions
- Outcome Based Quality Improvement Plan
- Performance Evaluations
- Patient Admission Packet
- Patient Information Booklet
- Admission Forms
- Advanced Directives
- Forms Required for Agency Operation
- Completion of your Medicare Application Package
- Completion of all application forms and attachments
- Completion of your Civil Rights package to include all required attachments
- Instruction on how to get on Insurance Panels